Starting a new blog opens so many doors to new thoughts and adventures that I can write about! Since you don’t really know me (or at least not virtually yet) let me tell you a little bit about myself. I’m a recent graduate from a very good public university…spent 3 years in college and it was the best and worst time of my life. Learned a lot (I would hope) considering I’m now several thousand dollars in debt. A lot changes in 3 years – people who you thought were your friends turned out to be your enemies at worst – stagnant friends at best – while others suddenly appear in your life as the best people you could ever hope to meet. I turn 21 in 10 days, and I’ve decided that the biggest piece of myself I’ve come to realize is that I’m a complete and total Contradiction. Let me explain:
1. I was a history major, have always been a total history nerd and am therefore incredibly obsessed with Tradition and Conservative notions. On the other hand…I’ve done my share of partying (perhaps drugs) and the lifestyle that goes along with it, and am one of the most laid back open-minded people I know.
2. I live in 2011, like to have control in every relationship/friendship I’m in, and yet everything about being a housewife calls to me – cooking, cleaning, folding laundry, and families :o) and the 1960s is my favorite time period.
3. I have a knack for the business world and love economics, military history, accounting, marketing, and statistics – but I choose to be a stipended Intern for a Non-Profit instead because it’s more rewarding (and no I clearly don’t mean money-wise).
4. I was a huge party girl in college, and yet I’d rather be home with hot chocolate and tea, reading Ender’s Game, Jane Austen, Jurassic Park, or Twilight any day.
5. …and I am totally able to wear heels while still playing Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, and Final Fantasy. Yes..it’s possible.
And guess what? I’m not alone! I’m pretty sure everyone has similar traits and so in a way none of these things make me unique. But being chronically ill since i was 11 years old has made me a pretty good judge of everything involving human nature and the concept of life. Something I’d like to share with anyone I can, and in turn know more about other people and their wants, desires, and thoughts.
So welcome to my blog! I’m the Modern day Briseis – being caught between two worlds is arguably the most informative place to be, it allows you to know both sides of life and appreciate either one for its beauty.